AGM 12-15 year types especially suitable for demanding stationary battery applications
THIN-PLATE-REINBLEI plate in AGM technology
Conventionally manufactured sealed and capped AGM lead-acid batteries use lead alloys with additives to increase machining strength during the manufacturing process.
The disadvantage of using these alloys and additives is that the battery ages more quickly and is more susceptible to corrosion. Furthermore, conventionally manufactured lead-acid batteries require space above the plates to accommodate the operational growth of the positive plates.
NorthStar eliminates the need for alloys and additives and wasted space within the manufacturing process. The specially treated plates are inserted into the battery housing under high pressure. This improves performance characteristics and virtually eliminates failures throughout the service life.
The NorthStar NSB Red battery - CLEAN LEAD for long life:
- Up to 15 years service life expectancy under charge maintenance conditions at 20°C
- Up to 4 years service life expectancy under charge conservation conditions at 40°C
- Expected service life according to EUROBAT definition: Long life (12 years +)
- High energy density
- Temperature operating range -40°C to +65°C
- Modern automated manufacturing process for constant high availability and functionality
- Optimum safety due to pole feed-through with 3-fold sealing
- 2-year shelf life at 25°C
- High-current brass poles with internal thread for maximum performance
- Halogen-free, thermally welded PPO plastic housing - Operationally safe throughout service life even at high temperatures
- Housing flame retardant (UL 94 V0) and LOI value - oxygen index of at least 28%
- Integrated handles and front pole connections on the FT series enable perfect handling during installation and maintenance
- No hazardous materials for land, sea and air transport DOT 49CFR173.159 (d), (i) and (ii).