Safety for people and machines
Light and safety in a building are closely linked
The important question is:
Are human lives at risk if the power goes out?This is where the Occupational Health and Safety Act comes into play:
In order to ensure the safety of people and machines, the operator of an establishment is obliged to have a risk assessment of the workplace carried out. If this reveals that a danger to employees is to be expected in the event of a power failure and the failure of the general lighting, the law stipulates:
Safety lighting must be provided in accordance with
DIN V VDE V 0108-100 or DIN EN 50172 must be installed.
The power is supplied from a backup power source.
This can be an emergency generator or a battery-supported safety light unit.
There are the following solutions:
- The emergency lighting runs in continuous circuit (constant luminaire power)
- The emergency lighting is operated in standby mode (switching on of the luminaires in case of power failure)
- The emergency luminaires are to be switched on and off separately - the luminaires are equipped with electronic modules,
which are controlled either via activation by means of local push-buttons or via bus systems. In the event of a power failure of the normal mains supply, these electronic modules ensure that the emergency luminaires are forcibly switched on. Professional maintenance is necessary for the reliable function of the emergency lighting!
This is what we have specialised in. We offer you: Complete maintenance contracts - you don't need to worry about anything.
We know the maintenance intervals of your system and arrive at the right time.
Our additional services for the safety of people and machines:
- Electro-acoustic systems ELA - electric loudspeaker system for the transmission of information despite power failure. Especially required in airports, railway stations, all public buildings, department stores, sports facilities
- Smoke warning/fire alarm systems RWA/BMA - for warning persons inside the building and for alerting the fire brigade and the responsible security personnel
- Intrusion alarm/robbery alarm systems EMA/ÜMA - technical, exclusively electronically operated devices for property and personal protection. Burglar alarm systems are designed to deter, notify, alert persons present and reconstruct robberies
- Uninterruptible power supply UPS - to supply critical electrical loads in case of disturbances in the power grid, among other things for data backup on computers and for the continued operation of all sensitive machinery and technical equipment
- Uninterruptible DC power supply UGV - they consist of rectifier units and selected batteries that ensure the reliable supply of critical loads .
- Battery-supported central power supply systems BSV - in the version as a 24V DC system for surgical lights or as a 230 V AC system for vital technology in medically used areas such as hospitals, medical centres, etc.
Not registered as a B2B customeryet?
Register today and take advantage of our wide selection of products including competitive prices!
Our top selection of brands
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You have questions about safety technology?
Here you will find a summary of the general questions and answers for the area of security technology.
If this does not answer your questions, please contact us by e-mail or telephone.
We will be happy to help you. email@example.com+494101 37676-0